From Joni to Lisa, folk fashion and music

by Lorie Ann

Lisa Hannigan is the millennium’s new Joni Mitchell. Well, that’s how I’d like to put it because these female artists are both my favorites.

I will be telling about them in more details, maybe later. But, for now, let me introduce to you dear readers, especially fellow folkniks, these two folk artists–one a Canadian, and the other an Irish.

Before we’ll talk about their music, let’s have an overview of their basic information and sense of fashion.

Joni or Roberta Joan Anderson by birth started as an artist with folk music in 1964. Now 68 year-old, she was born in Fort Macleod, Alberta, Canada.

A musician, singer, songwriter and painter in one, Joni plays guitar, piano dulcimer, ukulele and auto-harp. Aside from folk-rock and folk-jazz, she also composed plain jazz and pop music.

Check out Joni’s fashion with these I lifted from other sites.

Joni Mitchell

Joni Mitchell

Joni Mitchell With Mountain Dulcimer

When I grow old, I would wear folk…

Lisa Margaret Hannigan, 31, is an Irish indie folk singer and musician who lives in Kilcloon, County Meath, Republic of Ireland.

When I heard her “I don’t know” for the first time in 2009, I already fell in love with her. But, she came out as early as a year after the second millennium started.

Look at her fashion and see how little or much it differs from Joni’s more than five decades ago.

Lisa Hannigan

Lisa Hannigan

Lisa Hannigan

I guess, I don’t have to wait for my old age to wear folk fashion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victor Secuya Art

SB19: Champions of Philippine Music & Lore

UCOG Davao's 1st meet and greet